ACS Distance Education UK
Exam Application Form
Adobe PDF 17KB
Please download and print the Exam Application form. After completing it, send to:
ACS Distance Education
P.O Box 4171, Stourbridge DY8 2WZ, United Kingdom
Ph: +44 (0) 1384 442752 Fax: +44 (0) 2076812702
To Pass Any Module, you must satisfactorily complete all assignments and also pass an exam for that module. (Note: In a few instances, such as RHS courses and some of our stand alone 30 lesson certificates; the number of exams or requirements for passing may be a little different)
On completing all required assignments for a subject you are then entitled to sit for an examination in that subject. If you pass the exam, you are awarded a pass in that subject, and an official letter will be sent from the school acknowledging this.
Note: You do not have to do an examination unless you want to! (To gain an official pass however, the exam is necessary.)
You can sit the exam away from the school at a location which is convenient to you.
The procedure is as follows:
1. You nominate an adjudicator (i.e. supervisor) to oversee the exam. This must be a reputable person such as a police officer, Justice of the Peace, Minister of religion, school principal or your employer. Adjudicators cannot be relatives.
2. Set a date, time and place for the exam (usually held at the adjudicators office).
3. Submit your exam application 4 weeks prior to the nominated date.
4. We will send the exam to the adjudicator.
5. At the set time, you attend the nominated place and the adjudicator will conduct the exam. On completion of the exam, your work is taken by the adjudicator and sent by them directly to the school.
You should bring a stamped envelope (addressed to the school) to the exam for mailing the finished paper.
Sample Exam: Introduction to Psychology - Adobe PDF
We will provide sample exams for some subjects, but not all. You should be careful to not give too much importance to the sample exam. The exam you end up sitting might or might not be very, very different. REMEMBER… we are testing you on how you would perform in the real world, where you can be confronted with totally unexpected problems at any point in time. If we were to make you aware of what to expect in an exam, we would be defeating the purpose of the exam.
Prepare for an exam by refreshing your memory. All you need to do is read through your notes and assignments again once or twice, until the information seems fresh again. People who have successfully completed assignments hardly ever fail exams. The process of completing the assignment almost ensures that you retain sufficient information to pass. Where someone else has helped you a lot with your assignments this might not be the case though (an exam, in many ways, simply verifies that the work you have undertaken, was in fact your own).