Now is the time to study Animal Welfare.
Are you interested in wildlife rehabilitation, captive animal welfare,
animal training and grooming, domestic animal rescue, animal care …?
list of job prospects in the animal care sector is increasingly rapidly
and a background in Animal Welfare is a great stepping stone towards a
There are 9 lessons in this course:
Scope and Nature of Animal Welfare
Psychology and Sentience
Managing Animal Welfare
Animal Protection Services
Animal Rescue Services
Animal Health Services
Animal Welfare for Pets, Work Animals and Animals in Sport
Animal Welfare for Farm Animals
Animal Welfare for Wildlife: Free and Captive
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
Planning a career in the Animal Welfare Industry
Animal Welfare is gaining more and more attention throughout many
industries as people are becoming more educated, and pressures from
animal advocates and the public forum mount.
Social media has put animal rescue operations and animal shelters at the
forefront of the public’s mind. Zoos and wildlife parks are
continually focussing more on animal welfare with the provision of
appropriate habitats, breeding programmes and directing profits towards
research and conservation efforts.
There has never been a better time to work in Animal Welfare for free and captive wild animals.
WHERE CAN THIS COURSE LEAD YOU?
Animal welfare is relevant to many other fields and industries including:
- Natural Resource Management.
- Land and Wildlife Conservation and Preservation.
- Health, biomedical, and scientific research.
- Safety testing (e.g. cosmetics, cleaning).
- Ecotourism (zoos, wildlife parks, environmental protection areas).
- Education (science, veterinary science, nursing, psychology, and more).
- Community awareness.
- Urban planning (construction, housing development, and more).
WHY STUDY WITH ACS?
- Independent, and reliable - we are an independent distance learning school, and have been established for over 37 years.
- Quality teaching, relevant courses - our courses are written and taught by experienced professionals, with subject matter relevant to the real world.
- A flexible approach - you can start the course at any time and study at your own pace, fitting your studies around your own busy lifestyle and existing commitments.
- Choose your method of study - online or eLearning (USB stick). This allows you to choose the most appropriate option for you, enabling you to determine where and when you study.
Allow yourself to be aware
It is sometimes an easier option to remain ignorant about the treatment of animals that are being used for the benefit of humans. If you find yourself in that category, then this course is guaranteed to heighten your awareness and stimulate your thoughts about how you can contribute towards improving the welfare of animals used in human practices.