This course is made up of seventeen lessons, covering the following:
- Scope and Nature of Designing Gardens
- Making Sure Your Design is Appropriate
- How to Create Impact in Design
- Designing for a Budget
- Selecting the Right Plants for a Design
- Designing a Garden to be Used
- Tying the Design in with the House
- Designing a Garden for Winter Comfort
- Designing Gardens for Children to Use
- Designing for Security
- Incorporating Lighting in Design for the Night Garden
- Design for Shade
- Using Art in the Garden Design
- Container Plants in the Garden Design
- Incorporating Colour into a Garden
- Understanding Appropriate Applications for Colour in the Garden
- Appropriate Use of Furniture in Garden Design.
HOW THE COURSE WORKS
This is a self paced, 20 hour study program; with everything from your enrolment through to awarding of your certificate of completion, controlled by computer software developed by our programmers.
Utilizing cutting edge technology all the way; you can
- Enrol, pay course fees into pay pal; your payment approval then triggers an email explaining how to proceed, and access to the course.
- You are then given instructions (options to read or listen to an audio).
- Next you proceed to work through lessons as fast or slow as you wish; undertaking automated self assessment tests at the end of each lesson, choosing practical/additional learning tasks to undertake as you go.
- On concluding the final lesson; you undertake a major online exam; and on achieving a 60% pass rate, you are given a "Certificate of Completion" carrying your name and date, to download as a pdf, to save or print as you wish
Unlike our other 100 hour courses, there is no additional exam fee charged for the exam in this or any of the 20 hour short courses.