HOME STUDY COURSE HORTICULTURE
Applicants must satisfy one of the following:
* At least 8 years industry experience
* Passed year 12 exams plus at least 5 years industry experience
* An approved certificate plus at least 3 years industry experience
* A relevant degree plus 3 years relevant experience
There are four stages to this diploma program:
1. Registration - submit a resume' with initial registration fee and enrolment fee
2. Preliminary Examination - You are sent an unsupervised exam to do. The school makes a detailed assessment and recommends what preparation is needed for exams.
3. Preparation for exams - 2nd and Final fee due at this stage
4. Examinations - Five two hour written exams plus one 2 hour practical exam are sat.
The written exams can be conducted anywhere in Australia. The practical exams can be arranged in most centres.
Exams are in the following areas; horticultural practices, plantsmanship - plant knowledge, horticultural technology, horticultural science, horticultural management, practical horticultural skills