Cultivate Your Creativity as a Writer
Foundation Diploma in Creative Writing – Study Online
In order to become a successful writer you need to practice and nurture your craft. This is more than just learning good spelling and grammar, you also need to learn ways to come up with new ideas and sort the good ideas from the bad. You need to be able to refine the ideas you choose to expand, and to be focussed, so you can finish a project you start.
It is difficult to achieve all these things without some sort of help. In a course such as this we not only help you to develop those skills we also educate you about the industry and industry expectations and we develop networking skills. Writers can no longer sit behind closed doors working solo; writers need to network in the industry (and with their peers) so they know what is going on in the publishing world. They need to fully understand industry expectations and how to present their written work so that publishers will give it a second look. They also need to know what is currently popular – what publishers seek and what they publish.
If you want help with all this than this is the right course for you!
Note that each module in the Qualification - Foundation Diploma in Creative Writing is a short course in its own right, and may be studied separately.
How Can ACS Help you?
You don't become a competent writer by undertaking a quick short course you need to take your time to absorb what you are learning. You need good tutors who encourage you and help you to learn, our tutors are dedicated, capable and experienced they put the student’s needs first.
A course helps you to build a foundation – once you complete a course your learning doesn’t stop – experience is the greatest teacher but a course will inform and stimulate your brain to learn more, absorb more and recall more well into the future.
Over more than 30 years, our staff have written thousands of articles for magazines and newspapers; written over 150 books published by international publishers; and since 2011 we have been operating our own publishing business. We know writing -all genres; we know the industry and we can help you!
Why Choose ACS?
- Reputation: well-known and respected in publishing and writing The school runs a successful publishing business, the principal has been editor of national magazines; many of the staff are published authors)
- Industry focus: courses designed to suit industry needs and expectations
- Different focus: develop problem solving skills that make you stand out from others
- Hands on: develop practical as well as theoretical skills
- Lots of help: dedicated and knowledgeable tutors.
- Efficient: prompt responses to your questions
- Reliable: established in 1979, independent school with a solid history
- Up to date: courses under constant review
- Resources: huge wealth of constantly developing intellectual property
- Value: courses compare very well by cost per study hour basis
- Student amenities: online student room, bookshop, ebooks, social networking, acs garden online resources.
Who Will This Course Benefit?
- Those wanting to work in the field of creative writing but are not qualified.
- Those you need more industry knowledge and knowledge of the techniques needed to prepare you for a creative writing career.
- Those that need to be inspired and motivated to continue with their creative writing pursuits.
Poets, novel writers, short story writers, advertising writers, bloggers - anyone needing inspiration or a sound qualification in this field.